Monday, January 20, 2014

Motivational Monday: Writer’s Block


Yesterday I had writer’s block.  I can’t even remember the last time I struggled with getting my thoughts out on the page.  It seemed the more I wrote, the more frustrated I became since my words and feelings didn’t match with my thoughts in my head.


So I did what anyone would do – I asked Facebook what to do.  And then I went to Pinterest to find inspirational quotes.


That is when I realized fear were getting in my way.  


Fear and self-doubt were stifling my story I wanted to get out.


See, I am trying to write a piece for the Listen to Your Mother audition. I know that there are a few people that read this blog.  I have spoken in front of students, presented at a conference, and been on a panel on TV several times; but reading a personal story out loud makes me nervous.  Wonder if it is no good?  Wonder if I can't say what is in my heart?  Wonder if I fail?


But then I remembered this:



So I am not going to wait for it to come out perfectly


I am going to just breath and work through this.


Have you ever had writer's block?  How do you work through your fear?


No comments: