Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Clip from Live in the D


 Yesterday, I made my very first appearance on live TV. Before I went to the Local 4 studio for Livein the D, I decided I needed to determine how I would measure my success.  I didn’t think it was realistic to hear thunderous applause from the viewers at home so here was my criteria:

Do not talk super fast. 

Do not interrupt and play that awkward game of double-dutch of inserting myself into a conversation. 

And most of all, do NOT ramble.  Like I said yesterday, once I start to tip toe off my point, I know that I will inevitably embarrass myself with a personal story that may or may not relate to the topic.

Speaking of topics, did I mention that one of them was discussing the American Pediatrics Association’s statement that condoms should be available to high school students.  I don’t even want to *think* where that unfortunate ramble would have landed me.

So besides condoms, we talked about tech-savvy toddlers, the Pennsylvania law that prohibits anyone touching a pregnant women’s belly, and the cutoff age for trick-or-treaters.

I had strong feelings about each of these, so at least I had that level of confidence working for me.  I knew that I was having a good hair day, so that helped me feel good, too.

I also felt that everyone at the studio made me feel really comfortable.  Everyone was very warm and welcoming, and Karen Drew definitely set a friendly tone for the panel.  This did wonders for lowering my anxiety levels!

So without further ado, here is the clip:


Live in the D Erin Janda Rawlings Mommy on the Spot
 I think once you talk about condoms for hight school students
 for your first live TV appearance, you can really talk about anything with ease after that.




What do you think?  Any way I could improve?  You know, in case they want me back again.

No comments: