Wednesday, June 27, 2012

In Photos: Serendipity in New York City



 I have been taking this show on the road!  First I went to New York City and New Jersey with the kids.  And the next thing I know, I’m in Chicago testing out the new Allegro Kids Rule Program at KimptonHotel Allegro. 

This week’s MichMoms post explains how travelingwith young kids is not easy, but it is so worth it.  Traveling just makes me feel all lit up and alive as I experience life in a different place, and I hope my kids will love traveling as much as I do.

This Brandy and I decided to focus on the Blur Tool and the Sharpen tool.  (And she’s new to Twitter, so be sure to give her a nice warm welcome).

This photo was taken at Serendipity in New York City.  That frozen hot chocolate was delectable!  (Thomas almost finished the whole one by himself.  And then proceeded to crash from the sugar high.  Obviously).

Here is the before:

Here is the after:


Here are the steps:
1. Crop

2. Blur Tool (Strength 100%, Size 169px)  Go over the area you wish to blur a bunch of times because the effect is subtle




Hover over Blur Tool and click on the Sharpen Tool (Strength 35%, Size 100px) I focused on focal points, like our eyes and the frozen hot chocolate



Guided Edit Tab in the upper right corner, Scroll down to Photography, Effects Lomo Camera Effect



Apply Vignette



Viola!  A pretty photo is created!

Are you struggling with Photoshop Elements 10?  If you have an effect you would like to learn about, be sure to mention it in the comments!

1 comment:

New York Mama said...

The after pic is so much nicer but in a very subtle way! I'll have to try this. Thanks,