Thursday, May 17, 2012

What Do You Think Thursday with Skinny Scoop My Kid Friendly To Do List for New York City



__________________________________________________________

Can you believe it is the middle of May?  This can only mean one thing: it’s almost June.  Which can only mean that summer vacation is fast approaching. 

It will be so liberating when we don’t have to get up and rush in the morning, right?   I am going to bask in the freedom.

For at least one week.   And then I am going to start planning stuff because we will go crazy if we sit around all day with nothing to do.

And by we, I mean me.

Seriously, nothing makes me feel equal parts of happiness and anxiety as those magic words “summer vacation.”  (Actually, I am thinking of omitting vacation because it’s no vacation).

First thing on the agenda (besides staying in our jammies for a week) is going on a road trip to New Jersey and New York City with Harrington, the Babes, and my parents.  It’s the same trip I made with my Mom and the Babes when I first went toBlogHer, but this time the Babes are older, and the ratio of adults to kids is double this time.  So I am anticipating it will be double easy this time.  That’s logic at its best if you ask me.

Since I have family that lives there, I have a lot of cozy childhood memories that I am excited to share with my kids.  I love visiting my family in New Jersey and sitting around the breakfast table chatting all morning.  Also, the BBQs at my aunt’s house with all her kids and grandkids are the best!

I am super excited to take The Babes to New York City for the first time.  I have so many awesome memories there, like going to the MET and eating knish at Zabar’s.  I loved going to the Museum of Natural History and walking all the way up to the podium of the Statue of Liberty. 

I have made a Skinny Scoop list of all the things I want to do with The Babes when we go there next month. I would love to hear your suggestions of things to do with The Babes!  (Let’s hear it, Real Mommy Chronicles, because I think our relationship has evolved to the point that we must meet each other’s families, no?)




Are you getting excited for summer?  Do you have any exciting plans?


2 comments:

RealMommyChron said...

I do believe it has! :) We will have to find the perfect event to get everyone together! Or you guys can even trek down to our house (ahem, tenny apartment) in Brooklyn! Yay!

I will go write in some suggestions on your list now....
xo

RealMommyChron said...

Okay - *may* have overdone it on your list! haha I had to stop myself from listing where to get your prescriptions while in the city and which subway lines are the cleanest.

[sheepish grin]