Friday, April 16, 2010

Feel Good Fridays: This Week’s Happiness




Thank goodness for Feel Good Fridays! It helped me think of positive things while I cleaned the bathrooms (which were beginning to look like neglected dorm room bathrooms had I waited one more day, but let’s not dwell on the negative stuff),

Here’s what made me happy this week:

1. My parents really helped me out this week by picking up Marie from school. I was feeling like I was going a little crazy with the grind, and they stepped in to help me out. I didn’t think it would make big difference because she only goes two days a week, and the school is only 5 minutes away. But that extra half an hour of getting Thomas up from his nap and putting him in the car and then out of the car and then back in the car and then Marie in the car really does make a difference! In addition to the car pool support, my Mom was there (like she always is) to give me some extra emotional support. I am really lucky to have such great parents! Thanks, Mom and Dad!!


2. Not too long ago, I came across Wendi Aaron’s blog. She’s pretty funny, but this post really made me laugh out loud!

3. I took Wednesday night off while Harrington took care of baths and putting the kids to bed. Again, I didn’t think that it really took two hours to do the whole bed time routine from start to finish, but it does. And with those two hours I made some room on my desk to work AND wrote my last post about writing.


4. Which brings me to my next happy thought: I received some very uplifting comments on my last post. One especially from my Aunt Diane. Read it and come back. Don’t worry, I’ll wait. What did you think? So sweet I teared up! Know why? Because I think it’s a full circle moment when one of the people I looked up to when I was growing up says I inspire her! (I mean, she was one of the reasons I became an English teacher)! Not to mention that I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I inspired someone. It feels good, and I am glad that I have her in my life, cheering me on!

5. I had a play date with one of my friends that I have known for 20 years. I love that our kids play so well together. It’s nice to have that kind of friend that has known me forever, and we can talk about anything. After hanging out with her and her kids, I always feel refreshed and energized.


6. Harrington and I went to the Tigers baseball game with some friends to celebrate his birthday. For someone who strongly dislikes sports with a passion, I love going to baseball games with Harrington. What is it about beer, peanuts, Italian sausage, Dipping Dots, good company, and hot lookin’ guys out in the field that makes for such an awesome afternoon?!

So overall I guess this week was pretty good!

Hope you have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for stopping over from FGF. I love your list. We don't get the playdates with my friends and kids as they either don't have children or their children are in their late teens and I have a 2 year old, lol. I am missing my one BFF though and I think I should give her a call and hang out with her this weekend. Thanks for reminding me to do that.

Karen said...

Oooops, also wanted to add that I am now following your blog.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Wendy @RunningonMTT said...

Loved your top 5 - I'm new to your blog...saw you on the girl next door friday link so I thought I'd pop in.

I'm pressed for time - but looking forward to reading more!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, sweetie! And about baseball games...you forgot to mention those great looking guys are wearing pretty tight pants!

Love you!
Aunt Diane

Beverly@Beverly's Back Porch said...

Love your FGF post. I think your Aunt Diane and I would get along great. Tight pants, cute butts, I thought that was the reason for going to baseball games

Erin Janda Rawlings said...

Karen, thanks for following! I followed you when I posted, but then something went wrong on my dashboard. But I'm back now!

Wendy, thanks for stopping by!

Aunt Diane, oops, i did forget! thanks for adding that in.

Beverly, thanks for stopping by. And yes, Aunt Diane is pretty cool!

Krajcimama said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...I'll have to check, do I follow you on Twitter? What's you "handle" hehehe (I feel like I'm speaking some foreign language!)

Great list! It's great that you take time every Friday to remember what makes you Feel Good! :)

Unknown said...

Back when I was a camp leader in college, I'd make my campers tell me 3 good things at night, so even if they had a crappy day, they pulled something positive out of it. For 14 year olds, it was a good thing. Your post made me think of that!