Friday, May 24, 2013

Multigenerational Living



Things have been kind of hectic since we are still in the middle of moving.  By kind  of hectic, I mean my whole world is totally turned upside down.

My nightstand is a cardboard box which hold the contents of my regular nightstand that is in storage.  I have to drive approximately 30 minutes to pick up my daughter from school.  My food is in plastic bins on the floor in my parents’ kitchen.


That’s right, my parents’ kitchen.

I am living with my parents.

Yes, there have been some challenges.  I mean, I am an adult with her own family that has moved back in with her parents, right?!

But I feel lucky to have an opportunity to experience multigenerational living.  Living with my parents as an adult, I am able to see them in a different light than I did the last time I lived with them, about eleven years ago.

My kids are also getting to know their grandparents on a level different than when visiting and babysitting.

Apparently, we are not unique.  There is a huge trend of multigenerational living families in the United States.  I recently wrote a post for The Mother Company which was all about how to successfully live in a multigenerational home.  I was super excited to interview Susan Newman, Ph.D. who wrote Under One Roof Again: All Grown Up and (Re)learning to Live Happily Together.  She had some great advice on how to move back in with your parents.  

I would be ever so grateful if you checked out my post.

I will leave you with some pictures of the positive highlights of living with my parents.

Reading comics




Birds-eye view


Generations and technology


Have you had to move back in with your parents or in-laws?  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my website so i came to “return the favor”.

I am trying to find things to enhance my web site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!

!

Also visit my web site hotmail search

Unknown said...

find more bag replica high quality my explanation high replica bags page replica designer bags