Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Best of Pinterest: Christmas Edition




You know when you have a post that has been brewing in your mind for weeks, but other posts (for whatever reason) get shoved to the front?  Yet you still have that post that MUST COME OUT?

That is this post.  Yes, I realize it is almost February and that I am writing about Christmas.  But as I said above, I need to expunge this from my mind.

This holiday was totally inspired from Pinterest.

Here are a couple of photos of my handiwork:

Check out that super retro cool craft paper!  And why is that real ribbon?  And stamps?  Nice job!
 Who are you?!




Loving that retro scrapbook paper and sticker!
Is it me or should I serve
a Sidecar or Whiskey Sour with this?


Of course, there is a story to accompany these photos.  Originally, Marie was interested in learning about Christmas during the 1930’s since she was reading the Kit Kittridge American Girl series.  I got all of the supplies and was super excited to do this craft with her.


As you can see, it didn’t go quite as planned.  
Note the red (washable-ish) ink everywhere.

They just weren’t that into it.  It ended up being more like art therapy for me.  So I guess that is a win for me.

Anyway, I was inspired by this book by Susan Waggoner.




I got it last year for Christmas and waas so excited to use it this year.  The book looks back at Christmas traditions from the 1920's - 1950's.  LOVE!

Here are some pins that helped inspired my art therapy:




I ended up using those Santa tags which was a brilliant idea.  

I also used made a book of Christmas cards inspired by this pin:



This was awesome because I no longer had Christmas cards hanging from my cupboards months after i put everything else away.

And in attempt to create a new Christmas Eve tradition, we tried this.  


They were not as excited about the hot chocolate, pjs and movie that I thought they would, but it was a nice way to segway into bedtime.

Thank you for indulging me in this late holiday post.

Did Pinterest inspire your holiday?  I would love to hear about it!

2 comments:

Christina S. said...

That Christmas Card book is so clever!

Iowa City Electricians said...

Nice blogg you have