Friday, October 26, 2012

Best of Pinterest: Photoshop Tutorial by Lisa Edoff




A few weeks ago, I did something I thought I would never do.  I downloaded the Pinterest app on my phone.  I didn’t really think it would amount to much to anything.  I mean I wasn’t one of those people who were constantly falling down the Pinterest black hole of time suckage – how harmful could it be?

I was wrong.  So very wrong.  I am *constantly* on Pinterest.  In fact, I take Pinterest breaks throughout the day, much like some people take a cigarette break . . . except without the nicotine and carcinogens.  It’s been a hectic couple of weeks, and sometimes I just need a mental break to look at something beautiful or delicious or interesting.

I don’t want to collect all this knowledge in vain; therefore I have decided to try out a new weekly series called Best of Pinterest in which I will spotlight one of my favorite pins.  Here’s the thing about Pinterest – there are a lot of awesome visuals, but sometimes the links are not that great.  I will have test run the pins before writing about them so I know they are good to share.

The first pin I want to write about is from a blogger named Lisa Edoff at A Piece of Lisa.   Photoshop Tutorial: Learn Basic Photo Editingto Enhance Colours/Light/Contrast is so easy to use, and my photo looked amazing!  

Here’s the pin I found:


Here’s my before picture:



Here’s my after picture:



Did those fall colors pop or what?!  I feel like a Photoshop superstar!


Thank you, Lisa, for posting this awesome tutorial!  It has totally boosted my confidence in my Photoshop skills.


Have you found anything interesting on Pinterest lately?  Also, I would love it if you followed me on Pinterest, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I already follow you! My favorite pinterest things are the kids activities--microwaving ivory soap so it blows up; milk, food coloring, and soap; rainbow rice and other sensory boxes; shaving cream painting; using masking tape on the carpet to make roads for matchbox cars; marble runs using pool noodles cut in half; sidewalk paint; muppet hand puppets (printable), and many other projects.

--Monica