Thursday, July 19, 2012

What Do You Think Thursdays with Skinny Scoop: My Favorite Travel Size Beauty Products


In two weeks, I will be making the pilgrimage to the biggest blogger conference, otherwise known as BlogHer.  I am SO EXCITED!!

I used to feel dread and anxiety as I packed for trips, especially those on airplanes.  Not because I am afraid of flying or fear of experience something new.  Oh, no.  Something much more complicated than that. 

Fitting all my beauty products in a quart size bag was the source of my anxiety.  It’s like a huge challenge.  But then add in my deficit in spatial relations, and it put me Right. Over. The. Edge. 

I’ve done a fair amount of traveling in the past two years, and I’ve done away with most of that anxiety by embracing travel size products.  Are they pricier?  Yes.  Are they worth it?  Totally!  And if they aren’t, I’ll just buy a package of travel size containers at Target and fill ‘em up!

BOOM.  Anxiety gone.

Here’s a list of my favorites.  What are your must-haves?


5 comments:

April said...

I love any kind of dry shampoo, but my favorite is Rockaholic. It feels lighter, but works really well. I am blonde and have to use something if I wash my hair the night before. I would love to go to BlogHer! My boys have too much going on with the beginning of school and they both play football and I have my daughter starting college. I bet you are going to have a great time and meet some amazing women!

Anonymous said...

Helpful information. Cindy

Erin Janda Rawlings said...

I have a hard time with dry shampoo, but maybe I just haven't found the right one. I have blonde hair, too, so I'll check this out!

Thanks for the tip!

Erin Janda Rawlings said...

Thanks!

Tere said...

I overpack all the time, on long trips or short trips. I always have way more than I need. I'm trying to 'cut back' but I still have a long way to go :-)