Thursday, July 12, 2012

What Do You Think Thursday with Skinny Scoop: In Honor of Bastille Day


I have been living fast and furious over here.  Well, you already know about the traveling.  But now it’s play dates and day camps and running errands with both kids.  Due to the fleeting nature of the season, I feel like I want to cram as much summer *fun* into each day.  

And by fun, I’m not talking about sipping a glass of wine on the patio at dusk.  I’m talking about the manual labor kind of fun.  The kind which requires wrangling kids in and out of bathing suits and slathering on sunscreen.  (Oh, the horrors of slathering on sunscreen!  It’s as if I am rubbing them down with shards of glass).  The kind that requires patience of steel as I grit my teeth and have the inevitable “conversation” of why we are going to Target for toothpaste and paper towel, not for toys.

I have decided to have a mental vacation while creating this week’s list of my favorite French things.  I may not be able to drink a cup of coffee in peace let alone go to France for the weekend, but I can enjoy these things on the list, preferably after the bebes have gone to bed, non?

Be sure to add your favorite French things in the linky below!


No comments: