Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Reasons My Life Has Gotten in the Way of Blogging




What?!  It’s next week already?!  I missed my Tuesday post?  And my Skinny Scoop post?!  What the hell did I do all last week?

My life, that’s what I’ve been doing.  This week was a total amped up version of what I handle in a regular week.  And it’s kept me from blogging.  What’s up with that?!  Because I never feel like I do anything, I’ve decided to justify to myself my lapse in writing a list of everything else I did instead of blogging.  Instead of blogging, I have done the following:


1. Took the Babes to the ENT which concluded with the doctor taking out one of Thomas’s tubes since it was on its way out to determine there is still fluid in his ear, Marie’s tonsils and adenoids are swollen which, after two years of monitoring, we need decided to have them removed.  When I asked if he had a BOGO deal or a springtime deal with buy one surgery get ear tubes half off, he laughed.  And then said no. 


2. We have decided to finally replace our fifteen year old carpet.  I thought that this would be a simple decision, but has sucked a lot of time from last week.  Samples, high-end carpet with low- end padding, low-end carpet with high-end, incorrect estimates, weird guys coming to the house without calling and then telling me to relax after they’ve interrupted precious nap time . . . yeah, a bit more drama than I anticipated.

3. We received the dreaded pink slip that indicates a child in the classroom has lice and check your child’s head for.ev.er.  (Well, they didn’t say forever, but it was implied).  So I have been loading the Fairy Tales products in Marie’s hair like crazy.  I even make my own lice repellant perfume courtesy of Aura Cacia’s essential oils and recipe.  (Yeah, I’m crazy like that).  I also wrote a huge email to Marie’s teachers that I don’t want her using the community ear phones for the computer.  They assured me they disinfected them, but not after every use.  Ick.  My head is itching just thinking about it.  And here’s the thing, I’ve been putting so much product in her hair that it flakes off.  Then I am in a panic: is it a nit?  Is it product buildup?  I JUST DON’T KNOW.  It’s crazy how much fear can be elicited by such a tiny bug.


4. I have been debating over the Galaxy S2 and iPhone 4s.  Researching, googling, YouTube, polls on Facebook.  I decided on the Galaxy.  Until I played with my brother’s phone as he artfully highlighted my hair.  My chest filled with dread as I knew I had made the wrong choice.  So I decided to go back to the store, return it, and get the iPhone.  If I had just gone with my gut instead of being talked out of the iPhone, I could have saved so much time.

5. Last week, we were hitting the play date circuit hardcore.  This also takes up a lot of time.

6. Hunger Games Trilogy.  Seriously, I have lost a ton of sleep, blogging time, and free space in my head to as I wonder how the hell Katniss is going to survive.  (Which I know she must and she will live happily ever after in an open marriage to both Gale and Peeta.  Please don’t tell me any different).  I love to read, and there are books that I could not put down.  But there is something inherently different about this series.  I haven’t felt this way about a series of books since The Babysitter’s Club. 

7. I suffered from a serious bout of the stomach flu.   Within hours, Harrington had it.  And then Marie.  And today, finally Nathan got it.  Thankfully, my Mom grocery shopped for us, and Harrington’s Mom helped us with The Babes.  On a related note, my neighborhood as well as those surrounding the area are suffering from the same thing (as in it was on the local news).

Seriously, number 7 was the icing on the cake.  (Which sounds disgusting.  Any food other than instant noodle soup, apple sauce, and popsicles sound disgusting).

On my sick bed, I was thinking that I was never going to be well again.  And if I was, I was never going to blog again because anything other than breathing sounded too hard.

But then I realized that I was being ridiculous.  And here I am.

Hope life is treating you better.  Please share your happy stories in the comment section.  I’d love to live vicariously through you right now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always go for the Apple/Mac product. ALWAYS :)

I hope you're feeling better soon, my friend!

RealMommyChron said...

That IS an intense week! Holy moly!
And I have to agree - Apple all the way. Good choice (ultimately)! ;)
Here's to hoping this week is already going more smoothly. xo

Erin Janda Rawlings said...

Thanks so much!

And now I see why people are crazy about Apple/Mac products. They are awesome!

Erin Janda Rawlings said...

Totally intense!! Let's hope all the antibitoics work!!

Sandra said...

You got the dreaded pink slip AND the family stomach flu all in one week? I can't believe you're back to blogging so soon. I think all of that definitely calls for a week off in the Caribean....my head is all itchy now...