Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Counting Your Blessings


Before I get down to my Thanksgiving post, I want to explain the new MOBIBO Download to Donate widget I have on my blog. If you are live in the Metro Detroit area, please check it out. For every download of the free app, MOBIBO will donate 25 cents to Turning Point, Macomb County’s Shelter for Abused Women and Children’s from now until November 30th . Besides helping a good cause, MOBIBO is an awesome app. As you drive around, it notifies you of deals going on in the stores around you. If you click on the ad, MOBIBO credits your account 25 cents which then will be transferred into your PayPal account. Seriously?! How cool is that?! Now go check it out. This post will still be here waiting for you!



Also, if you missed it, here is this week’s post from the Macomb Patch.



Now on with the show!

______________________________________________________________________

Thanksgiving is just days away. I consider it the official kickoff to The Holiday Season. I love The Holiday Season, but the politics of this wonderful time of the year Drive. Me. Insane. I feel worn down and overwhelmed and the next thing you know, I am crying because there is no more peppermint mocha creamer in the house.


The unofficial start of the season was kicked off with my Mom, Mother-In-Law, and Marie as we went to see the production of White Christmas (thanks, Dad, for the free tickets)! I left the show feeling two things:

1. I miss tap dancing. How I wish to put on a pair of those shoes and tap out the rhythm of the beat with delicate, tinkling taps!

2. The line from the song Count Your Blessings totally got me thinking:

If you're worried and you can’t sleep,
just count your blessings instead of sheep
and you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

A free show with tap dancing *and* inspiration to focus on my blessings? It was much more than I bargained for.

So here is the list I will be thinking of instead of sheep. I feel grateful:

For the ones who inspire me to be best version of myself because I want to set a good example for The Babes.


For the ones have shown me that I do have more love and patience than I ever thought I did.


For the ones that have shown me that it is more important to practice that love and patience rather than crush a unique spirit.


For the ones that love me just the way I am and never try to change me.


For the ones that have taught me the pureness of unconditional love.


For the ones that have taught me that patience, time, and a good heart can overcome even the most misguided good intentions.


For the ones that have helped me rediscover myself as we connect over topics that usually make me feel alienated.


For the ones that have taught me about understanding and forgiveness.


For the ones that have made it a challenge to trust instincts and be true to myself.


For the ones that have shown me the beauty of a reciprocal friendship.



I am grateful for each of these blessings because I feel that theyhave made me a better person who in turn, is able to be better to those around me.



Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: