Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wordless-ish Wednesday - The Pancake Factory


I can count on one hand how many times I have gone out to breakfast since Marie was born: twice.  We went to the Pancake Factory,this adorable, family owned restaurant near our house.  Let me tell you: it. was. an. event.  So of course I had to take pictures and blog about it.  I am also experimenting with the Droid app, Vignette.


These chocolate chip pancakes were to die for!
 Chocolate chips in the batter and sprinkled on top. 

My pecan pancakes. 
They tasted like coffee cake with pecans, syrup, powdered sugar,
and butter that almost tasted like whip cream.
Do you see that fresh whip cream
on top of those chocolate chip pancakes?!  Yummm!
Thomas looks nice and tidy here,but he
looked like a chocolate chip when he was done.

Harrington had these awesome blueberry pancakes with blueberry compote, but in the flurry of eating, I didn't take a picture.  But believe me when I say they were delicious!!

I was not compensated by the Pancake Factory for this post.  It was all me!  I am currently plotting another time to go because there were at least ten other kinds of pancakes I wanted to try.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the Pancake Factory?

Fiorella said...

Mmmm... if I give you my address, will you send me some? I'll take one of each, please.

New York Mama said...

All of those look sooo delicious ... choc chip. pecans, blueberries!!! Marie looks so happy! What a great place! It reminds me of when I was a little girl & my big brother often took me out for breakfast/pancakes. My favorite was strawberries with whip cream ... lots of whipped cream!

Lindsey said...

I am totally with Fiorella. I WANT SOME!!

Erin Janda Rawlings said...

Fiorella and Lindsey, too bad I can't just text them on over!

Anonymous - if you are in the area it's on 23 and Schoehnner by a dollar store and Weight Watchers (oh, sweet irony).

New York Mama, what a nice memory. I do believe they had something like that there. Hmmm, maybe next time you're in town . . .

Erin Janda Rawlings said...

STOP THE PRESSES! I feel like a jerk! I had heard of Worldess-ish Wednesdays, but wasn't sure where I had heard it. It's this great blog right here - http://www.mykidatemycheese.com/

check her out - she's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Pecan Pancakes? Sign. Me. Up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mommy on the spot. It will be a little drive but looks so worth it.

Anonymous said...

Yumm now I am dreaming of banana and nut pancakes with whipped cream. sigh. I think I'll go have some goat milk yogurt with bananas. XD

Anonymous said...

Always loved this place and was thrilled when they started staying open late on Friday night. But tonight was a bad night. I never received my toast with my omelet, even after asking for it twice. And to add insult to injury, while drinking my soft drink, I sucked up a shard of glass through the straw. After informing the manager so that he could have someone clean out the ice bin where it probably came from, he responded with a Nonchalant "can I get you another drink"? Most restaurants would offer a discount on your bill. Not here.