Sunday, October 25, 2015

My Halloween Evolution


I can’t believe that this week is Halloween.

I mean, we’re ready.

We have our costumes.


erin janda rawlings mommy on the spot my halloween evolution
I present to you: our first family photo of all us dressed up for Halloween.
Harrington is the Mad Hatter to Marie's Madeline Hatter.
I am Chewbacca to Thomas's Storm Trooper.



And all of our candy

erin janda rawlings mommy on the spot my halloween evolution
Shhh. It's my secret hiding place.
No one thinks to look behind my workout clothes.
The irony of my hiding place is not lost on me.



But I usually have a post ready for Halloween.

Since I have been really focusing my writing time on my book, I do not have a post ready.

So I thought I would share the evolution of how I went from really having a strong dislike towards Halloween to embracing it.

I really hated Halloween at this point.  I had a baby and preschooler.  It just seemed like a lotof work

Seriously, a lot of work

I didn’t even blog about Halloween in 2011 and 2012.

But then I started to find my jam when Thomas’s love of Halloween became so contagious I started to find joy in this holiday. 

And in 2014, this newfound enthusiasm inspired me to even do some Halloween art therapy

I even was excited to go to an adult Halloween party, which I had never been to. I also took the opportunity to show Marie that you do not need to dress up as a sexy version of anything

This year, I was super excited to decorate this year, and we might even add some new activities to this holiday.

I have officially found my Halloween jam, and I am guessing this is what the Grinch felt like when his heart grew three sizes on Christmas.



 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I am committing more time to writing my book, my blog might not be as active.

I have a newsletter that I will start sending in October.  You can sign up here.



You can always find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.  I would love to connect with you there, too!


No comments: