Friday, January 21, 2011

Feel Good Friday – California Dreaming

Check out The Girl Next Door Grows Up!


As you know, I have been in a funk. I talk about it here and here. And to add to all of that, I Marie was well enough to leave the house, which sounded like a good idea. Except that it was 14 degrees outside and Thomas thinks coats are a form of torture. He expressed himself to everyone in Macy’s and the parking lot his strong dislike of coats. *shudder*

But this is no time to dwell on this because it’s FEEL GOOD FRIDAY! Yea!

Guess what? In March, I get to go here. That’s right the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort in Dana, California! How exciting!! How is this happening, you ask? For the same reason I got to go to Vancouver in the fall: riding Harrington’s coat tails.


*Here's where I would post some pictures, but Blogger and The Babes are not allowing that right now.*
As you know, I had issues with feeling guilty for enjoying the benefits of his work. I didn’t actually *earn* it since it was his gig. But after this week of hardly leaving the house, I’m feeling like I deserve a few days in a spa with an ocean side view. It’s totally worth the awkward feeling I have when conversing with strangers that I have little in common with.

And if the St. Regis sounds familiar, you would be right. It has been the site of several of Real Housewives of Orange County episodes, like this one with Tamara and Gretchen.  How cool is that?!

So that is my happy thought on Friday: another spa-venture in sunny and warm California.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO WAY!!!

Oh that is going to be so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time. You deserve it just for being.
XD

New York Mama said...

Sounds like a FANTASTIC trip! I'm sure you'll have a blast. I love the ST Regis in NYC!

Rebecca Dot Com said...

im your newest follower! I loe your blog! Sooo cute! :) I'm from michigan as well! Follow me back and let's keep in touch! :)

www.justcherishtoday.com