Thursday, January 23, 2014

Motherhood: The Early Years in Retrospect




This week, I have been working through my writer’s block and work on my Listen to Your Mother piece.


Combine that with mothering and teaching, I didn’t have a lot of time to work on a post for this week.


However, I did want to share some early photos of when I first became a mom.






This photo was the first day all the teachers went back to school, and I stayed home with my baby.  Even though I was obviously a mom before this point, this moment was really special.  I willingly walked (well, more like sprinted) from my job as a junior high teacher and walked towards a life as a stay-at-home mom.  I knew in the moment, that day was significant, but I never could anticipate how life changing it would be for me.





This photo is the day my fear of not being able to love another baby as much as I loved my first was quelled.  I fell in love with this little guy at first sight.  It is true what they say – the heart grows big enough to fit each child. 


Do you have any retrospective views on motherhood?  I’d love to hear them!



No comments: