Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Best of Pinterest: Thanksgiving Edition


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  I know it seems passé to talk about “that other holiday” right now since Target has had their Christmas decorations up since mid-October.  Before Thanksgiving becomes a memory clouded by the flurry of Christmas cheer, I wanted to share another Best of Pinterest post with you, a mash up of photo tips and recipes. (Pinterest, I love you more and more each day)! (Also, please feel free to follow me on Pinterest since that is where I spend 75% of my time).

 Last week, Iwrote a post at Detroit New MichMoms about the meaning of the non-traditional dessertsI make at Thanksgiving.  Here are some glamour shots of the food.  (Or where I pretend that I am a food blogger).

This is my gluten-free creation inspired creation.  I took this recipe created by Living Wright atHome that I found on Pinterest, but instead of using cookies (which contain evil gluten), I made some cinnamon roasted pecans for the crunch.  Dee-lish!

I think my gluten-free aunt looks happy.
 
And that makes me happy.  Win for everyone!



These chocolate chip cookies are the most moist, delicious cookies I have ever made. I used this recipe by Apple a Day.  These are my new go-to cookie recipe.






This is my favorite Thanksgiving dessert of all time.  Coconut cream pie: it is tradition.  Thanksgiving would not be Thanksgiving without it.





How did I make all these photos look good enough to eat?  I read this super helpful post byHello, Lidy about photographing food.  Very helpful, yet easy for a Photoshop novice, such as myself.

Have you found anything awesome on Pinterest lately?  I would love to hear all about it!


2 comments:

Jen K. said...

Love all the pics! Your desserts look delish!

Unknown said...

Thanks for finding my blog and for making the cookies. I'm so glad they were a hit with your Thanksgiving guests! Thanks for the feature here.