Friday, June 4, 2010
Feel Good Friday: A Face Mask and Beer
Be sure to check out The Girl Next Door Grows Up and her Feel Good Friday Post. She is awesome!!
So this week was one of those challenging weeks that I had to dig deep for a Feel Good Friday Post. How could you be so unhappy when you have your new darling family member, Mini? Two things: sleep deprivation and garage sale prep.
The sleep deprivation is killing me. Because the weather has been so nice, I’ve been going on walks at night, and Marie ends up going to bed a bit later, which makes her wake up earlier. I understand that this might be ironic to some, but it makes perfect sense to me. Sleep begets sleep, I get it. I just don’t like it.
The garage sale prep is a major pain in the ass. I’ll spare you the blow by blow since I pretty much lit it up on Twitter and Facebook. (Which is you are not following me on Twitter, come check it out. If Twitter isn’t your thing, then check out me out on Facebook. I feel like I am talking to myself out there)! Anyway, for marketing purposes, I will now refer to the garage sale as The Treasure Sale; these fabulous items are wonderfully awesome treasures that no longer fit in my life, and need to find a good home. Because they are no longer allowed in mine. Ever.
Enough of the vent; here’s what went great this week:
- The satisfaction of kicking my dungeon’s basement’s ass and organizing it. Getting rid of stuff, especially some stuff that just had bad memories attached to it, felt liberating!
- I went to see Sex in the City with my bestie, Ann. The movie was OK (I wish the scene with Miranda and Charlotte talking about mom stuff would have been much longer because it was freakin’ hilarious), but having a Girls Night Out in the middle of the week was great.
- Thomas is talking so much more and pointing to things. It makes me happy to see him growing and learning. Maybe this newfound self-expression will lead to less screaming and banging his head on floor.
- Marie hates to ride her bike, but this week she rode 3 houses down and back twice! I think she’s ready for me to drop her off at the 7:00 a.m. Cycle class at the gym.
- I am super excited that I made it through this week. I am rewarding myself with a face mask and a Blue Moon beer. Cheers!
Have a great weekend!