Friday, June 4, 2010

Feel Good Friday: A Face Mask and Beer



Be sure to check out The Girl Next Door Grows Up and her Feel Good Friday Post.  She is awesome!!


So this week was one of those challenging weeks that I had to dig deep for a Feel Good Friday Post. How could you be so unhappy when you have your new darling family member, Mini? Two things: sleep deprivation and garage sale prep.

The sleep deprivation is killing me. Because the weather has been so nice, I’ve been going on walks at night, and Marie ends up going to bed a bit later, which makes her wake up earlier. I understand that this might be ironic to some, but it makes perfect sense to me. Sleep begets sleep, I get it. I just don’t like it.

The garage sale prep is a major pain in the ass. I’ll spare you the blow by blow since I pretty much lit it up on Twitter and Facebook. (Which is you are not following me on Twitter, come check it out. If Twitter isn’t your thing, then check out me out on Facebook. I feel like I am talking to myself out there)! Anyway, for marketing purposes, I will now refer to the garage sale as The Treasure Sale; these fabulous items are wonderfully awesome treasures that no longer fit in my life, and need to find a good home. Because they are no longer allowed in mine. Ever.

Enough of the vent; here’s what went great this week:

- The satisfaction of kicking my dungeon’s basement’s ass and organizing it. Getting rid of stuff, especially some stuff that just had bad memories attached to it, felt liberating!

- I went to see Sex in the City with my bestie, Ann. The movie was OK (I wish the scene with Miranda and Charlotte talking about mom stuff would have been much longer because it was freakin’ hilarious), but having a Girls Night Out in the middle of the week was great.


- Thomas is talking so much more and pointing to things. It makes me happy to see him growing and learning. Maybe this newfound self-expression will lead to less screaming and banging his head on floor.

- Marie hates to ride her bike, but this week she rode 3 houses down and back twice! I think she’s ready for me to drop her off at the 7:00 a.m. Cycle class at the gym.


- I am super excited that I made it through this week. I am rewarding myself with a face mask and a Blue Moon beer. Cheers!

Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

New York Mama said...

Sleep deprivation is real tough!!! What wonderful progress with both Marie and Thomas!!! LOOOVE calling your sale a Treasure Sale. I think you're really onto something there!!!!

Bossy Betty said...

Glad good things are happening (and that beer and face mask sounds like my idea of a rockin' Friday night!)

Terry Elisabeth said...

I feel liberated every time I get rid of stuff. I then relaize how this stuff with the memories and obligations weighed me down. I'm planning on being "liberated" of love letters soon. People tell me "you'll want to remember later" and I say tsk. If I wanted to remember I would, at the moment it sits in a box and I don't think about it until I open the box and see all that crap.
Vive les Treasure sales ! Vive les huge garbage piles !

Ali said...

Yay blue moon! Maybe I'll use it to get through my garage sale prep. Next saturday baby! EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Beverly@Beverly's Back Porch said...

I love garage sales and yard sales or any kind of sale as long as I'm not having the sale. I did that once and I don't think I've been the same since. I wish you the best of luck. I bet the next time you will simply call Goodwill and have them pick it up.

Anonymous said...

I hate getting ready for garage ( I mean Treasure) sales. I feel your pain. But you DO have a wonderful basement...not a dungeon!

Aunt Diane

Anonymous said...

OH how I hear you on the sleep begets sleep thing!! I always say that! It never works out the way we think. If they sleep a lot, they sleep a lot, but if they don't, they don't "make-up" for it!!!

Drives me nuts!!!

I wanted to tell you that since you posted your pic on the blog, it is so nice because when I read your emails and posts, i can see you in my head!! Always good to put a face to a name!!

Hope you are having a super weekend!!!

~Laura said...

Good for you on the basement thing! Mine is sitting there with all of it's crap mocking me...

Kendra said...

Congratulations on making it through the week! I hate garage sale prep too. Good luck; I hope the Treasure sale is a huge success!

Mom et al said...

Ugh, garage sales. Although in these parts we call them yard sales and line up all of our junk on the side of the road on long folding tables in hopes of a good haggle. I've been collecting for one for about a decade, and since I don't have the inclination to go through that process, in my basement the pile sits! I sent you an email - let me know if you don't get it! : )

LuLu and Moxley's Mom said...

"Sleep begets sleep." Ah, the wise words of Dr. Weissbluth. I memorized his entire book. (Although I don't subscribe to some of his cry-it-out stuff, some of it but not all. Because I'm a wimp mainly.) Sad I can recognize one of his quotes anywhere. I put the girls to bed early last night (7:30 pm) and they slept LATER than normal (7:30 am). When they go to bed at 8:00 pm they get up at 7:00 pm. Go figure.

How to Make a Homemade Face Mask said...

ok, thank you for the information

Funny Dog Pictures said...

nice post... and Glad good things are happening

Berita Terkini said...

Have a great weekend! nice post....