This week is going to be crazy, but I am OK with that since is the Grand Finale of Birthday Season. And it’s kind of nice to end it with Marie’s 4th birthday. So I might not be as active in my comments or posts until next week. I am taking these 5 minutes of free time and write a quick post of my random and fleeting thoughts:
- I wish Thomas would develop another method of communication other than screaming, but I am proud of myself for keeping it together when he’s upset. And I am done beating myself up that I do not enjoy his screaming. I love him with all my heart, but I accept that I don’t like it when he screams. And that’s OK. On the upside, he’s mastered the sign for “more.” And he does really well in a restaurant. And I love how he loves to explore everything!
- I feel like my Random Acts of Kindness Chart is boosting morale around here. When someone does something nice, I write it on a star and put it on the chart. At the end of the week, we talk about some of the nice things we did. I feel this is more effective than giving a check if Marie is not practicing kindness. Also, since the whole family is involved, I feel like it helps everyone focus on the good in each other. It sounds so cheesy, but it works; at this point in my life I have adopted a “Whatever Works” philosophy.
- My dentist suggested I need a super expensive bite guard to stop me from clenching my jaw, which might stop my headaches. My mom suggested a glass of wine. My idea of a sabbatical is not practical. So what do you think: a bite guard or a glass of wine?
- I had fun watching the Babes both have fun at Barnes and Noble yesterday. Marie chose the location for her fun place for her birthday. May parents came, too. We then went out to lunch, and then went home for some downtime. For dinner Harrington and I took Marie and Thomas to McDonald’s. It’s a lot of work to go somewhere with the Babes, but once we get there, we have a blast.
- I am really excited for the mini-vacation I planned for us next month.
Well, that’s about all the brain power I have left for now. Some of these thoughts deserve a whole post, and I’ll get to that soon. I am really thankful for all the people in my life that I get to celebrate during birthday season, but I will be really thankful when things slow down a bit.
So, Friends, what’s going on with you?
*I did not even have time to proof this for any grammar or content mistakes. Please read with a forgiving eye!