Friday, April 10, 2015

Spring Break Staycation Edition with Live in the D



Sometimes I think my kids think that all I do is sit in front of the computer and do “computer stuff” all day long.

It’s kind of true: blogging, writing, managing social media, and teaching an online course in addition to my recreational use of social media adds up a lot of screen time.

That’s why I was super excited when Karen Drew, one of the hosts of Local 4’s Live in the D, asked me to bring the kids when I was going to be on the Moms Panel.  They could see me in action, and Karen offered a tour of the Local 4 studio.  

It was super cool to see the people we watch every morning in person!


Mommy on the Spot Erin Janda Rawlings Staycation Live in the D Local 4 Brandon Roux
With Brandon Roux. We see him every morning while we eat breakfast!
Now we see him in the studio - how cool!




Karen took us behind the scenes so we could see all the producers and writers preparing the news.


Mommy on the Spot Erin Janda Rawlings Staycation Live in the D Local 4 Karen Drew
Karen Drew showing the kids a behind the scenes look.


I love that they had a chance to see people working in a totally different career than Harrington’s or mine (which I’m not even sure they think I work since they have told me to quit playing on the computer).  Thanks so much, Karen, for a great tour!

Mommy on the Spot Erin Janda Rawlings Staycation Live in the D Local 4 Karen Drew Guy Gordon
Maybe this tour will be filed away in their memory banks that any career is possible.
With Guy Gordon and Karen Drew.

  

Mommy on the Spot Erin Janda Rawlings Staycation Live in the D Local 4
Future newscasters of America?


I was excited that they were able to see the Moms Panel live.  I had so much to say about the #ImNoAngel campaign and the rising costs of prom.  And one more topic, what was it?  Oh, right.  Mommy Brain.  I think men would have Daddy Brain, too, if they were fully in charge of nursing a new baby and taking the baby to all of the pediatrician appointments, and then later keeping track of all of the homework, after school schedules, and making lunches.  But I digress.

If you missed the clip, you can watch it here.



How's your Spring Break going?  What do you think of #ImNoAngel?  What about the cost of prom?  Did you have “Mommy Brain?”

2 comments:

thetoush said...

vérifiez ce lien ici maintenant répliques de sacs à main gucci naviguez vers ce site Web Bottega Veneta Dolabuy directement depuis la source acheter des répliques sacs en ligne

Anonymous said...

address p0d62l5n44 best replica bags online replica bags new york i thought about this l4v63m2n09 louis vuitton replica replica bags south africa q5s45n6y78 replica bags for sale gucci replica w8b02n5q18 replica bags for sale