Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Countdown



One more week until Christmas.

One. More. Week.

And there's still so much to do (sung like Olivia the Pig).  I have such a love/hate relationship with the holidays. 

I start the season off like this:


After weeks of trying to remember class gifts, class party supplies, bus driver gifts, buying all of the food, wrapping all of the presents in addition to my other parenting obligations, I start to feel like this: 




Then the Christmas party anxiety sets in: What if, at one of the many holiday gatherings, the complex cocktail of personalities explode, leaving not even the tiniest bit of dignity.  



I fear that only shards of candy canes and broken dreams will remain.


I started going to descend into a downward spiral of holiday anxiety, but decided I to stop myself because I honestly don't have time for a full-on meltdown.


First thing I did was remind myself of Agreement Number Two of the Four Agreements.

erin janda rawlings mommy on the spot christmas post four agreements


Holy hell, that is so hard to do!  To be truthful, it is damn near impossible on the best of days.  But I am really going to try to remember that when I am faced with an insane social schedule and not feeling very patient.


Speaking of an insane social schedule, do you feel the crushing pressure to overcommit to all of the holiday acitvities?  I know that I do.

I read this at Grounded Parent by Steph and felt better about honoring our limits as a family so we have a fighting chance to enjoy the holidays.

erin janda rawlings mommy on the spot christmas grounded parent quote


Maybe you feel conflicted about accepting change and letting go of things that no longer work for you during the holiday?  Or maybe you get hung up on creating the perfect holiday in the history of all holidays?

This post my Glennon at Momastary brought me totears.  Although our circumstances are different, her message about acceptance resonated deeply with me.

erin janda rawlings mommy on the spot christmas momastery quote



Thank you, internet, for being my rock during the Christmas season.

How are you doing with the holidays?  Have you found any inspiration that you want to share?

2 comments:

Unknown said...


permanent male enlargement products The sad truth is that conventional ideas - eat less, run more - do not work very long term. Counting calories, exercising for hours every full time and trying to disregard your hunger? That’s needless struggling and it wastes your time and effort and valuable willpower. It’s weight reduction for masochists. Eventually almost everyone gives up. That’s why we have an obesity epidemic. Fortunately there’s a better way.
http://www.cureidea.com/vitality-male-enhancement/

Unknown said...

click here now gucci replica bags her comment is here this page click here to find out more visit the site