Monday, July 14, 2014

Reliving a Life-Changing Moment: Listen to Your Mother 2014 YouTube Clips are Live


It is pretty rare that I am given the opportunity to relive one of the most pivotal moments of my life. 

I mean, I have a video of my wedding.  And although that is an important milestone in my life, it doesn’t capture the moment when I saw him after I returned from vacation and knew he was going to be the one I married.

I have photos of the day I became a mother, but I do not have a documentation of my best moments of motherhood. Moments when Thomas says, “No, I love you,” in response to my “Good night.  I love you.” or when Marie cuddles up to me at night time, something she would n.e.v.e.r. do during daylight hours.

I do, however, have documentation of the moment I started to change the way I view myself both professionally and personally.

That moment can be found in this Listen to Your Mother YouTube clip where I share my journey into motherhood if you can't see the embedded video below.


I have written how this experience has boosted my confidence with this new direction my life is taking: it has helped me to change how I look at myself as a writer.  It has also made me feel like a part of a team which has never happened before in my life.  (And let me tell you, if you have failed at finding a sense of belonging like I have, it is one of the most glorious feelings evah)!

A part from feeling more professionally accomplished, the guilt that I felt during my first year of motherhood has been lifted.  I released it, and I feel free. This part of my story is only a part of me; it no longer dominates how I see myself.

I want to thank Angela, Jessica, and Angela again for choosing me to be a part of this incredible experience.  I am also thankful for the talented cast mates that I met.  Please be sure to check out their stories here.






No comments: