Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My New Look


 So I am not sure if you noticed, but I am sporting a brand new look here on the blog and as well as on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.

I am having a hard time finding the words to say just how much I LOVE it! 

My five-year blogging anniversary is coming up, and I felt it was time to update my look.  The cartoon character of me with the bright turquoise and pink will always hold a special place in my heart.  That was the start of something brand new, and I felt that design captured my excitement.

But a lot of things change in five years.  My style has evolved, and I wanted something a little more subtle and soft.


So I spoke in my preferred visual medium – Pinterest.  I made a board of all sorts of things that inspired me which included everything from shoes to interior design.  I hoped Lyndsay, the fantastic designer at Cordial Punch Press that I have been working with since the beginning, understood what I was trying to communicate.




Luckily, she did.  I don’t know a lot of people who can look at a bunch of random pins and know *exactly* what I was trying to say.  Not only is she a talented, designer, but she speaks my secret language of pins.


Someone else who was picking up what I was laying down was my sister-in-law, Brandy from BrandyNicole Photography.  I gave her a bunch of pins of what I wanted the new profile pic to feel like, as natural and candid as a photo shoot can be.   




I think she totally nailed it.  Here are some other photos from our photo shoot. 

mommy on the spot working from home brandy nicole photography
This pretty much sums up
what working from home has been all about.

mommy on the spot desk photo brandy nicole photography
This is another one of my favorites.

mommy on the spot vision board brandy nicole photography
Something in this photo tugs at my heart strings.


Collaborating with others in a creative way is risky – it can be amazing and uplifting or tumultuous and frustrating.  I really feel that both of these artists were in tune with what I was trying to convey and feel fortunate to have such talented friends.

Hope you are digging the new look as much as I am!



No comments: