Monday, February 10, 2014

Motivational Monday: Routine


                                                                                                                       
I am starting to feel the darkness.  I haven’t felt that heaviness creeping around in the corners of my mind like this in quite some time.  I see the shadows in my peripheral vision, and I start to get nervous because I do not want to loose my grip and end up on the couch for the rest of the winter season.

I could blame it on the weather. It has been freezing with bitter wind chill factors, and so. much. snow.  Last month, I felt that I was one snow day away from transforming into Jack from The Shining.

I could blame it on work. Some unexpected things required immediate attention, forcing me to put some things on the back burner.

I could blame it on the lack of sleep since there has been a protest in sleeping through the night with both kids.

I am going to say it was a combo of all of these things that have deprived me of routine.

I thrive on routine. I feel focused with routine. Without it, I wander around wondering when the grocery shopping and laundry will get done (it won't) or when I will feel inspired to write (I don't).

This lack of routine has me at a loss for words. I feel that I have so much to say and write, but it gets lost while I flounder between home and work responsibilities.

Since writing is essential to my sanity, I decided to take matters into my own hands. 

This week I am going to a local writing group and I decided to take this online writing class with Jenna at the Word Cellar.

I am hoping to find my words underneath all of this muckiness.

In the meantime, I am trying to pay extra close attention to the small details. Observing the beauty of everyday moments helps me stay connected, keeping me from letting my mind wander into the darkness.

At the ear doctor.  I love his hat, cape, and mittens.  



How do you rediscover your passion? How do you keep your sanity during these harsh winter months?

No comments: