Wednesday, July 11, 2012

In Photos: A Beach in Lexington, Michigan



 This photo was taken in Lexington when we stayed at my aunt’s lake house.  I’ve been going here for years, but this time was different.  I wrote about it here for the Detroit News MichMoms blog.

I focused on the brightening and contrast tools with layers that Brandy from Brandy Nicole Photography taught me.  I am learning that a photo doesn’t always need a total overhaul.  These edits may be subtle, but they are just enough to make the photo reach its full potential.

Which is kind of symbolic of yesterday’s post and today’s post at MichMoms.

Once an English teacher, always an English teacher, right?

So here’s the original:



Here’s the edited version:



I cropped the photo, and made a duplicate layer.  Then I went to Enhance Tab and clicked on Brightness and Contrast.  I made the Background Copy (NOT Background) super light by sliding the brightness over to the right and Contrast to the left.  I wanted to make the buckets, sandcastles, and waves brighter.

Then I highlighted the Background , clicked on Eraser tool, and went over the buckets, sandcastles, and waves so the super light original background copy would show through




What do you think?

No comments: