Friday, July 6, 2012

In Photos: Another Chicago Photo Using Layers and Masks

Another Chicago photo!  Remember that little trip I went on that included a stay at Kimpton Hotel Allegro that I won’t stop talking about because it was the coolest thing EVER!

In case you don’t remember, here’s the original post I wrote about it.  But if you click on this link and read mylatest Detroit News MichMoms post, I really explain what this trip meant to me.  Check out and let me know what you think.

So here’s how I took this photo:

And made it look like this:



Crop out as much junk as I could.

I enhanced it by brightening it to 50 and Contrast to 22




I used the Clone Stamp to get the rest of the junk.

I created another layer and lightened it up a lot.



I added a mask so the super light background showed up, but then used the Paintbrush tool to go over Marie to show the original layer with her in it.



Sound complicated?  I thought so, until I practiced it and it finally clicked!  If I can figure this out, I have total faith that you can, too!  Yay!  Also, Brandy is a fantastic teacher!

If you have an issue with Photoshop Elements 10 that you want to go over, let me know if the comments!

No comments: