|Be sure to check out The Girl Next Door Grows Up|
ALSO CHECK OUT HER WRITING CONTEST - IT'S AWESOME!!
Before I get to my list of five things that made me feel good this week, I need to get this rant out first.
I am not one to wait to the last minute to get snow gear and holiday outfits. I was burned one year when Marie was just a baby. I waited too long to get her mittens. By too long, I mean late November/early December. Luckily, she was too young to play in the snow so I just pulled her way long sleeves over her little hands. Needless to say, I don’t mess around when it comes to this stuff.
How is it that Old Navy only has three pairs of snow pants left? When I was in there three weeks ago to buy a jacket, they had no snow pants.
And now they are almost gone?!
And none of them fit her!
Marie was blessed with her mother’s long, long legs and short, short torso (where we hold all of our padding). So when pants fit us in the waist, they are lllooonnnggg in the length. When pants fit in the length, they are too tight in the waist. It just seems totally unfair that at age 4, she needs to be bothered with any of this. Except she’s not bothered by it because I don’t bitch about it infront of her. It’s my body image prevention plan. However, I am the one running around town like a crazy lady cursing that it’s barely cold out, and I am literally SWEATING trying to find this stuff.
Finding a winter coat and snow pants that fit her is totally freaking me out. And I blame the stores for making me feel like I am a bad mom if I don’t get this winter gear before Halloween. Because you know, as soon as Christmas is over, there will be SUMMER gear in the stores. Really?!
Ok, let’s take a break. Here’s a picture of one of the options. A bit too big, right?
|She looks like Randy from A Christmas Story when |
he couldn't put his arms down. Related: I
looked like his mother when she was getting
him ready for deep-sea diving.
And if you are wondering about Thomas, the first thing I tried on him, fit. This may be a generalization, but I think boys might be a little easier to shop for . . .mainly because I am not wrestling with a 1/4 zipper and super low riding pants. Just a thought.
So enough of this rant of modern day marketing strategies making me feel all shitty about myself. Let’s get to the rave part of today’s post:
1. The Switch Witch was a complete success! And now I don’t have to worry about looking like a snowman BEFORE Christmas.
|Look what the Switch Witch brought - a roll|
of coloring sheets! Yea! (Marie had already
taken her out before I could take the picture.
|She had been up for about 3.5 minutes and hadn't|
even eaten breakfast yet. I think Harrington and I
are going to miss the candy more than they are.
2. Just Dance 2 – it helped to manage my candy intake AND bond with Marie. I’d say that’s quite a lot for a video game, don’t you think? (Also, my new high score for Proud Mary is 8651. Did I mention that there are turns in that song)?
3. Date night is tomorrow! I can’t remember the last time I went out on a date at night for dinner. I don’t count Vancouver since we were accompanied with Harrington’s work people.
4. Picasa Photo – totally revamped the way I manage my trillions of family photos.
5. Modern Family – I just love that show! I wish Mitch lived nearby so we could hang out. I am sure Thomas and Lily would get along famously.
6. I got The Babes their Christmas outfits pretty much done.
So Friends, enough about me. Got anything you want to rant or rave about?
Oh, and I do have a question: Do you know anything about livejournal sites? I have gotten a ton of hits from blogs hosted from this site. Except it’s in a language I can’t read. Has this ever happened to you?