Be sure to check out The Girl Next Door Grows Up. I *heart* her!
I will be out of town in Vancouver (I just threw up in my mouth a little when I typed that. I need some Listerine). I will be posting from the future on Tuesday and Thursday since I am not sure what my access to a computer will be or what will be awaiting me when I get back. And I can’t use my phone since International Rates apply.
Check lists make me feel good. I have a certain inner peace when I can cross items off my list. Here's what I have so far:
- Clean house (otherwise called shoveling shit against the tide)
|As I was cleaning other rooms, this was what was going on: another mess. Instead of getting upset, I thought this was a chance for them to|
- Clean laundry . . .for everyone (I decided I was done when there wasn’t any more room to hang dry the clothes. . . and then there were towels)
- Meals made so none of the caregivers have to cook (feeling like a June Cleaver Rock Star for this one: black bean tacos for two nights and left over frozen pasta Bolognese for the other two nights).
- Packed (I am hoping I remembered everything. And if not, there are stores there)
- Book to read (Eat Pray Love because I have to see what everyone is talking about)
- Grocery shopping (Fresh fruit and treats for everyone)!
- Instructions with important phone numbers (In addition to important information like when school starts, I added how The Babes prefer their food to be served. Yes, I felt the need to type out how to cut up Thomas’s food. Yes, I think it’s a bit over the top. Yes, I think it will make me feel better even if they don’t follow it)
- Anxiety (on many levels: will I fit in with The Hubs’s work people? Did I pack the right clothes? Are my kids going to be OK? Will I be OK)?
- Guilt (because I’m leaving My Babes)!
- Excitement (because I’m leaving My Babes)!
- Hair highlighted, cut, and brows waxed (Roots, split ends, and furry eyebrows do not make the best first impressions)
- DVR set up (That thing is going to be ON FIRE)!
- Cliff bars (Because I am comforted by the fact that I have high protein/high fiber food available at all times)
- Passport (I dusted it off since it hasn’t been used in 5 years)
Am I missing anything?
Bon Voyage! Wish me luck! If I can check in, I will. If not, please still leave comments. I’ll respond when I get back!
Have a great weekend!