Friday, April 30, 2010
Lots to Feel Good About This Friday
Check out The Girl Next Door Grows Up . She has an awesome blog, and I LOVE her Feel Good Friday posts!
Here’s what I am feeling good about this Friday:
1. Awesome weather and beautiful sunshine – which is a rarity here in Michigan this time of year! I will never underestimate the mood lifting properties of sunshine and warm weather again!
2. Dinner with a great friend of mine yesterday. I met her when I was a teacher. She is awesome! I don’t miss a lot from my teaching days, but she is the definitely one of the things I miss most about teaching. It also felt good when she asked about my blog and the story I wrote. I feel that when I talk about blogging, people often get this glazed over look and quickly change the subject. Not her! She was genuinely interested in what I had to say about blogging and writing! Gee, I miss her!
3. Watching my daughter dance to her Princess Music Station on Pandora. Pure joy radiates from her while she dances.
4. Bonding with my sister-in-law about blogging and motherhood. Even though our blogs are different (check out her photography blog here: Footprints in Time Photography), we do our thing (whether it be writing or photography) because we love it. And for the first time since we became moms, we talked about how encompassing motherhood is and how easy it is to lose ourselves. It was such a nice afternoon with her and my nephews!
5. This one I am turning a negative into a positive. I recently met up with a mom that I befriended shortly after becoming a mom. We hadn’t seen each other in awhile. I used to feel intimidated by her; she would come over and always try to call the shots. I would feel insecure, being a new mom and all, so sometimes I’d let her run her game and other times I wouldn’t but feel sick to my stomach about holding my ground. Not this time. Not only did I stand my ground, I didn’t feel one ounce of guilt or anxiety doing so. Our last encounter made me realize how far I’ve come with being secure in myself as a mother. I felt pretty proud of myself.
6. My free monthly piece of Godiva chocolate for being a card-carrying member of Godiva Chocolates – enough said, right?
Have a great weekend!