Friday, April 30, 2010

Lots to Feel Good About This Friday




Check out The Girl Next Door Grows Up . She has an awesome blog, and I LOVE her Feel Good Friday posts!

Here’s what I am feeling good about this Friday:

1. Awesome weather and beautiful sunshine – which is a rarity here in Michigan this time of year! I will never underestimate the mood lifting properties of sunshine and warm weather again!

2. Dinner with a great friend of mine yesterday. I met her when I was a teacher. She is awesome! I don’t miss a lot from my teaching days, but she is the definitely one of the things I miss most about teaching. It also felt good when she asked about my blog and the story I wrote. I feel that when I talk about blogging, people often get this glazed over look and quickly change the subject. Not her! She was genuinely interested in what I had to say about blogging and writing! Gee, I miss her!

3. Watching my daughter dance to her Princess Music Station on Pandora. Pure joy radiates from her while she dances.

4. Bonding with my sister-in-law about blogging and motherhood. Even though our blogs are different (check out her photography blog here: Footprints in Time Photography), we do our thing (whether it be writing or photography) because we love it. And for the first time since we became moms, we talked about how encompassing motherhood is and how easy it is to lose ourselves. It was such a nice afternoon with her and my nephews!

5. This one I am turning a negative into a positive. I recently met up with a mom that I befriended shortly after becoming a mom. We hadn’t seen each other in awhile. I used to feel intimidated by her; she would come over and always try to call the shots. I would feel insecure, being a new mom and all, so sometimes I’d let her run her game and other times I wouldn’t but feel sick to my stomach about holding my ground. Not this time. Not only did I stand my ground, I didn’t feel one ounce of guilt or anxiety doing so. Our last encounter made me realize how far I’ve come with being secure in myself as a mother. I felt pretty proud of myself.

6. My free monthly piece of Godiva chocolate for being a card-carrying member of Godiva Chocolates – enough said, right?

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Brandy said...

Thanks! We had a great time today too. It's always nice to be reminded that your not alone in the job of motherhood! Also, I already worked on some of the stuff we talked about earlier. Thanks so much for the help :-)

Anonymous said...

Ah, navigating these relationships and finding we have something in common is nice, or finding we can be ourselves within them - even better. I'm glad you had a happy week. Thanks for stopping by too.

Bossy Betty said...

Loved reading more about you!!! I feel good just reading about what makes you happy.

Unknown said...

Yea for standing up for yourself with that other mom! Good for you! And that's great that you have connected with people who are genuinely interested in what you do. Real friends should be...

Karen said...

Great FGF list and good for you for sticking to your guns with the other mom.

Oh, pass the chocolate please ~ what do you mean you ate it already? lol. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

AWWW!!! What a great post, I miss your smiling face in the halls of MJH, and I totally wish you the best of luck on your knew writing 'journey'. Let's do dinner again soon. Stacy

Anonymous said...

How fabulous to talk to sombody who "get" blogging! And way to go on the other mom - I never understand why people must be so authoratative on being a mother - noone is better than the other...

Thank you for participating!!!

Beverly@Beverly's Back Porch said...

I agree 100% about the warm weather and sunshine. Two days of gloom and I'm ready to kill someone, or worse yet eat a box of chocolate. I so enjoy your blog and I'm not as good as you about making comments, but I'm always reading. Have a great week. Don't take any crap from anyone on your Mommy skills.